So I was looking through my fancy files (aka a huge unorganised manila folder marked “PAID BILLS”) trying to find a receipt from last June to show I had paid the fee from my last flat before leaving for summer hols and I found my sad attempt at a journal from Stephanie and I’s Christmas trip to Australia last year. I wrote several entries, some long and then others of them were simple lists that I wanted to remember to write about. I so enjoy that all of the things on this list happened in one day (well, one travelling day, so starting in Korea and ending the night we first landed in Sydney).
I thought I’d share ‘verbatim’ what I wrote so you can laugh too…. some of these things I forgot happened!!!!
“Remember to write about:
– snowing in Jeju / Melinda driving us to the airport
– Starbucks with Jerri and Lucy
– seeing the Craig’s
– Bryan and Selina’s last minute visa
– Flying to Hong Kong
– changing our flight to CX111
– running to the gate but then being an hour early
– Page One bookstore for magazines in English!
– same flight as Parnell’s
-arrive in Sydney 12 hours earlier than planned!
– Airport to Central
– walk to hotel, drop luggage
– Deli France and iced coffee adventures
– “Adam” the interior design guy
– Free light rail ride from that one guy
– massage place and speaking Chinese to the ladies there
– Antony “5” and Andrew “42”
– Brisbane guy
– off at Central, lost cell phone
– look for Stephanie’s cell
– no cigar looking for phone so go to Circular Quay
– buy ferry ticket to Manly
– fish and chips
– ferry ride
– going to the beach and taking a nap
– st. matthew’s xmas service / German guy (nice)
– drunk guys / Bailey’s and eggnog
– ferry back from Manly
– central station’s lost property office again
– campbelltown — three cheers!!! found phone!!
-train all the way to end of the line (campelltown)
– Kerry and pic w/ those who helped us
– central to hotel!